Difference between revisions of "Atheistic transhumanism"
m (→Zoltan Istvan)
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
Revision as of 07:38, 8 October 2017
Atheistic transhumanism is the position that religion is such a major force for evil, as well as impediment to transhumanist technologies such as life extension, that it should be opposed fully.
As a contrast, Giovanni Santostasi has suggested:
Religion should remain a private endeavor for adults. An appropriate analogy of religion is that's it's kind of like porn--which means it's not something one would expose a child to.
The major advocate of this position is Zoltan Istvan, reflected in his writings such as The Transhumanist Wager and positions such as suggesting it be made illegal to teach religion to children. Such a position has placed him directly in opposition to Christian transhumanism. In March 2015 he described himself as a "atheistcideist", believing super intelligence-like God may have existed at one point, but probably ended its own existence to give free will to the universe, he may still have an interest in spiritual transhumanism.
- Scientific Transhumanism - Atheistic transhumanist-themed Facebook group
- New Atheism on Wikipedia - New atheism is social/political movement appear since early 2000s encompassing atheism, secularism and anti-theism in a variety of contexts
- Some Atheists and Transhumanists are Asking: Should it be Illegal to Indoctrinate Kids With Religion?
- A Vote for The U.S. Transhumanist Party Presidential Candidate Is A Vote For Tyranny
- Do We Have Free Will Because God Killed Itself?
- Radical Technology Will Help Replace the Need for Religion in the Future
- To Ensure a Future of Transhumanism, Atheists Should Confront the Deathist Culture Religion Has Sown