CYBATHLON 2016 took place on October 8th in the SWISS Arena, Kloten, Switzerland (near Zurich). The CYBATHLON is a unique championship in which people with physical disabilities compete against each other to complete everyday tasks using state-of-the-art technical assistance systems. Robert Riener, head of the professorship for sensory motor systems,ETH Zurich, is credited with initiating the event in 2013.
CYBATHLON 2020 will take place on May 2-3.
There were 66 teams competing in front of an audience of 4600 and with the assistance of 700 staff and volunteers.
- Brain-computer interface race: Numa Poujouly - Team Brain Tweakers (Switzerland)
- Functional electrical stimulation bike race: Mark Muhn - Team Cleveland (US)
- Powered arm prosthesis race: Robert (Bob) Radocy - Team Dipo Power (Netherlands)
- Powered exoskeleton race: Andre Van Ruschen - Team ReWalk (Germany)
- Powered leg prosthesis race: Helgi Sveinsson - Team Rheo Knee (Iceland)
- Powered wheelchair race: Florian Hauser - Team HSR Enhanced (Switzerland)