CYBATHLON 2016 took place on October 8th in the SWISS Arena, Kloten, Switzerland (near Zurich). The CYBATHLON is a unique championship in which people with physical disabilities compete against each other to complete everyday tasks using state-of-the-art technical assistance systems. Robert Riener, head of the professorship for sensory motor systems,ETH Zurich, is credited with initiating the event in 2013.
Results from CYBATHLON 2016
There were 66 teams competing in front of an audience of 4600 and with the assistance of 700 staff and volunteers.
- Brain-computer interface race: Numa Poujouly - Team Brain Tweakers (Switzerland)
- Functional electrical stimulation bike race: Mark Muhn - Team Cleveland (US)
- Powered arm prosthesis race: Robert (Bob) Radocy - Team Dipo Power (Netherlands)
- Powered exoskeleton race: Andre Van Ruschen - Team ReWalk (Germany)
- Powered leg prosthesis race: Helgi Sveinsson - Team Rheo Knee (Iceland)
- Powered wheelchair race: Florian Hauser - Team HSR Enhanced (Switzerland)
- - CYBATHLON ETH Zurich Official Website
CYBATHLON 2020 took place on May 2-3, 2020.