Lifespans Are Long Enough
Lifespans Are Long Enough was a 1 hour 40 major life extension debate held on the 8th of February 2016.
Ian Ground - Philosopher & Lecturer, University of Newcastle
Paul Root Wolpe - Director, Emory Center for Ethics
- Radical life extension would lead to overpopulation and depletion of resources.
- Scientific resources are better spent curing known diseases and improving existing quality of life.
- Radical life extension is at odds with the natural and cultural process of life and death.
Brian Kennedy - CEO & President, Buck Institute for Research on Aging
- Radical life extension is simply the next step in scientific and medical progress.
- Anti-aging technology prevents the suffering of old age and age-related disease.
- Longer lifespans increase an individual's ability to contribute wealth to society.