Posthuman transhumanism or to be posthuman refers to a state of existence beyond the limits of transhuman biological immortalists, transcending definitions of humanity into to era of posthuman existence.
It is one of the most 'advanced' transhumanist ideas dealing with the furthest future technologies. Typically mind uploading or similar forms of consciousness transfer will be involved to reach this state.
One whose basic capacities so radically exceed those of present humans as to be no longer ambiguously human by our current standards
May have gone beyond human formMay have updated the genetic kernel - or even discarded it during a complete overhaul
- As artificial intelligence without ties to biological form or even human-like thought
- Matrioshka or Jupiter brain - existing as a massive ultra dense engine of computation, or even further up the Kardashev scale
- Omega Point or Singleton - existing as a God-like omnipotent force permeating the universe
- A hive mind may function collectively as a posthuman form of existence, though individual members are typically transhuman
Examples in fiction
- The Vorlons from Bablyon 5 are energy based infomorphs that interact with the younger races via cyborg body avatars
- The Star Child from 2001: A Space Odyssey is some kind of transhuman or infomorph
- The First Sirian Bank in The Dark Side of the Sun is a computronium matrioshka brain
- The Sentient Intelligence 'SI' in the commonwealth saga is a friendly superintelligence
- Star Trek
- Wikipedia:Omega Point
- Will we become posthuman?- Adam Ford