What is synthetic biology (hereafter, synbio)? According to Drew Endy over at MIT, synthetic biology is Genetic Engineering (PCR, oligonucleotides, and sequencing) plus abstraction, standardization, and automated DNA Synthesis.
- Drew Endy - Informal - Broad overview
- Drew Endy - Introduction to Bioengineering
- IGEM & Brown University
- IGEM & Brown University II
- IGEM 2007 Plotter @ Calgary
- CSF iGEM 2007 Finalist Announcement
- Amyris Biotechnologies
- Blue Heron Biotechnology, Inc.
- CODA Genomics
- DNA 2.0
- LS9, Inc.
- Sloning Biotechnology
- Synthetic Genomics, Inc.
- Syntheticbiology.org Join this mailing list (it's worth it).
- Internationally Genetically Engineered Machines Competition (Archive.org only) (see iGEM)
- The BioBricks Foundation (see Biobricks)
- List of synthetic biology projects