The Clock Of The Long Now: Time and Responsibility
The Clock Of The Long Now: Time and Responsibility is a book by Stewart Brand.
"Using the designing and building of the Clock of the Long Now as a framework, this is a book about the practical use of long time perspective: how to get it, how to use it, how to keep it in and out of sight. ...Discipline in thought allows freedom. ...Taking the time to think of the future is more essential now than ever, as culture accelerates beyond its ability to be measured. Probable things are vastly outnumbered by countless near-impossible eventualities."
- - From the book summary at Amazon.com
- Edge.com Article by John Brockman 1998
- Clock of the Long Now on Wikipedia
- Stewart Brand on Wikipedia
- Danny Hillis on Wikipedia