Difference between revisions of "Transhumanist Party (US)"
|Line 76:||Line 76:|
== Subchapters ==
== Subchapters ==
* [[California Transhumanist Party]]
* [[California Transhumanist Party]]
* [[Transhumanist Party of Colorado]]
* [[Transhumanist Party of Colorado]]
Revision as of 17:19, 15 October 2019
The name Transhumanist Party was adopted by many other international organisations. It was supported by the PAC Transhumanist National Committee LLC and some US state parties. Leadership of the party transfered to Gennady Stolyarov in November 2016.
The party hosts a Google Group for official updates from the leadership at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/us-transhumanist-party, as well as active discussion threads on its website, in which all of its members are welcome to take part. The General Discussion Thread for the Third Quarter of 2018 can be found at http://transhumanist-party.org/2018/07/20/3q-2018-general-discussion/.
Zoltan Istvan October 2014 - November 2016
During this period Zoltan began an aggressive period of marketing for the organisation, including the Immortality Bus tour and a Transhumanist Bill of Rights. Such activity was often a solo endevour, with supporters around the US joining him for a variety of events and functions.
On September 19th, 2015, Hank Pellissier quit his position as secretary of the party, saying that it lacked transparency and democratic process. On October 12th Transhumanist Party UK released a statement that "Zoltan Istvan does not speak for the Transhumanist Party" in response to his failure to engage with the wider community and transhumanist party movement.
This reflected a disconnection between the existing politically engaged transhumanist community and Zoltan's activities and statements, leading to the formation of the Transhuman National Committee.
- Zoltan Istvan - Chairman & Treasurer,
- L. M. Memmel, M.D. - Secretary,
- Chris T. Armstrong - Director of Volunteers
- Gabriel Rothblatt - Political Advisor,
- Riva-Melissa Tez - Strategic Advisor,
- Aubrey de Grey, PhD - Anti-aging Advisor,
- Gray Scott - Futurist Advisor,
- James Clement, J.D., LL.M. - Strategic Advisor,
- José Cordeiro, PhD - Technology Advisor,
- Giovanni Santostasi, PhD - Neuroscience Advisor,
- Joe N. Carey, M.D. - Medical Advisor,
- Rich Lee - Biohacker Advisor,
- Maria Konovalenko, PhD Cand. - Longevity Advisor,
- Rachel Lyn Edler - Media Advisor,
- Newton Lee - Campaign Advisor
Gennady Stolyarov relaunch November 2016 onwards
Following the end of the 2016 presidential election, Zoltan's 2016 presidential campaign was completed, the party leadership has been transferred to Gennady Stolyarov II, and the organisation restructured in various ways.
Under Chairman Stolyarov, the U.S. Transhumanist Party adopted am interim Constitution , which includes three immutable Core Ideals in Article I, Section I:
- Ideal 1. The Transhumanist Party supports significant life extension achieved through the progress of science and technology.
- Ideal 2. The Transhumanist Party supports a cultural, societal, and political atmosphere informed and animated by reason, science, and secular values.
- Ideal 3. The Transhumanist Party supports efforts to use science, technology, and rational discourse to reduce and eliminate various existential risks to the human species.
New leadership positions include Bobby Ridge as Secretary-Treasurer, Dinorah Delfin as Director of Admissions and Public Relations, Arin Vahanian as Director of Marketing, Emanuel Iral as Director of Visual Art, Sean Singh as Director of Applied Innovation, Kenneth Alum as Director of Publication, Franco Cortese as Director of Scholarship, and B.J. Murphy as Director of Social Media.
Restructured advisor positions include: Zoltan Istvan as Political and Media Advisor, Bill Andrews as Biotechnology Advisor, Jose Cordeiro as Technology Advisor, Newton Lee as Education and Media Advisor, Keith Comito as Crowdfunding Advisor, Aubrey de Grey as Anti-Aging Advisor, Rich Lee as Biohacking Advisor, Miss Metaverse (Katie King) as Media Advisor, Ira Pastor as Regeneration Advisor, Giovanni Santostasi as Regeneration Advisor, Elizabeth Parrish as Advocacy Advisor, and Paul Spiegel as Legal Advisor.
As the first major action under its new leadership, the U.S. Transhumanist Party developed a greatly expanded Version 2.0 of the Transhumanist Bill of Rights, which was adopted via an electronic vote of the members that occurred on December 25-31, 2016.. On December 12, 2018, Version 3.0 of the Transhumanist Bill of Rights was adopted as a result of a member vote held on December 2-9, 2018. The U.S. Transhumanist Party held six Platform votes during January, February, March, May, June, and November 2017, on the basis of which 82 Platform planks were adopted.  The U.S. Transhumanist Party holds votes of its members electronically and is the first political party in the United States to use ranked-preference voting method with instant runoffs in its internal ballots.
In November 2016 the U.S. Transhumanist Party became open for free membership through an electronic application form. Membership is open to all individuals who are capable of forming a political opinion, irrespective of their age, residence, or hypothetically even their species. 
In May 2018 the New York Times reported the U.S. Transhumanist Party as having 880 members.  On July 7, 2018, the U.S. Transhumanist Party reached 1,000 members and released a concise, high-level demographic analysis of its membership: The U.S. Transhumanist Party’s First 1,000 Members: An Aggregate Demographic Analysis. This analysis showed that 704 members, or 70.4%, were eligible to vote in the United States, whereas 296 or 29.6% were Allied Members. The plurality of United States Members of the U.S. Transhumanist Party reside in California, while other states of prominent member presence include New York, Florida, Arizona, Ohio, Texas, Colorado, and Washington. Allied Members have a widespread international presence and representation on almost all continents. Among non-U.S. members, the largest numbers appear to be in the United Kingdom, Canada, and India.
The U.S. Transhumanist Party has hosted several expert discussion panels, on subjects including artificial intelligence , life extension , art and transhumanism , and cryptocurrencies . Chairman Gennady Stolyarov II has also hosted in-person Enlightenment Salons, which were aimed at cross-disciplinary discussion of transhumanist and life-extensionist ideas under the auspices of the U.S. Transhumanist Party.   On August 11, 2017, at the RAAD Fest 2017 conference in San Diego, California, Chairman Gennady Stolyarov II gave an address entitled "The U.S. Transhumanist Party: Pursuing a Peaceful Political Revolution for Longevity", which provided an overview of the U.S. Transhumanist Party's key principles and objectives.
On November 9, 2017, in a virtual presentation at the TransVision 2017 conference in Brussels, Belgium, Chairman Stolyarov gave an overview of the U.S. Transhumanist Party's achievements in 2017 and future aspirations.
From September 2017 the Party has appointed a number of international ambassadors, for countries including Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Egypt, England, Hong Kong, India, Nigeria, and Scotland.
On March 31, Chairman Gennady Stolyarov II was interviewed by Nikola Danaylov, a.k.a. Socrates, of Singularity.FM during a three-hour session, the longest of all of Danaylov's interviews. The interview covered both some of Mr. Stolyarov’s personal work and ideas, such as the illustrated children’s book Death is Wrong, as well as the efforts and aspirations of the U.S. Transhumanist Party. The conversation also delved into such subjects as the definition of transhumanism, intelligence and morality, the technological Singularity or Singularities, health and fitness, and even cats.
Transhuman Party dispute
In October 2017 Hank Pellissier founded the Transhuman Party following a trademark dispute with Zoltan Isvan's continued ownership of the 'Transhumanist Party' trademark. In response to Pellissier, the U.S. Transhumanist Party published its FAQ, where a significant portion was devoted to explaining the history of the U.S. Transhumanist Party, its current interactions with Zoltan Istvan and the scope of his involvement, and the reasons for his continued ownership of the 'Transhumanist Party' trademark.
The Transhuman Party became defunct in late 2017 due to lack of activity and its domain name and Facebook page were acquired by the US Transhumanist Party.
- Arizona Transhumanist Party
- California Transhumanist Party
- Transhumanist Party of Colorado
- Kentucky Transhumanist Party
- Transhumanist Party of Illinois
- Transhumanist Party of Texas
- Nevada Transhumanist Party
- Transhumanist Party of New Hampshire
- New York Transhumanist Party
- Maryland Transhumanist Party
- Michigan Transhumanist Party
- Transhumanist Party of Virginia
- Washington, D.C. Transhumanist Party
- transhumanistparty.org (old site)
- transhumanist-party.org (new site)
- transhumanistparty.slack.com on Slack
- Google Groups discussion
- /r/TranshumanistParty on Reddit
- Facebook group
- TranshumanParty on Twitter (old)
- USTranshumanist on Twitter (new)
- Transhumanism Political Party Reaches First Birthday
- I Quit the USA Transhumanist Party. Why? Zoltan’s Non-Inclusive Leadership
- Zoltan Istvan does not speak for the Transhumanist Party
- Forthcoming Transitional Period of the Transhumanist Party
- http://transhumanist-party.org/constitution/ Constitution of the U.S. Transhumanist Party
- Transhumanist Bill of Rights – Version 2.0
- Transhumanist Bill of Rights – Version 3.0
- U.S. Transhumanist Party Platform
- Stolyarov II, Gennady (25 November 2017). "U.S. Transhumanist Party Chairman's Anniversary Message". "We are the first political party in the United States to use ranked-preference voting on its internal ballots."
- Stolyarov II, Gennady (25 November 2017). "U.S. Transhumanist Party Chairman's Anniversary Message". "We are the only political party in the world – to our knowledge – which extends membership to anyone capable of forming a reasoned political opinion – including children and citizens of other countries, who may become Allied Members."
- U.S. Transhumanist Party FAQ. Response to the question, "You talk about accepting aliens as members of the U.S. Transhumanist Party. Did you watch too much Sci-Fi?"
- Bromwich, Jonah (19 May 2018). "Death of a Biohacker". The New York Times. Retrieved 21 July 2018. "Gennady Stolyarov II, the chairman of the United States Transhumanist Party, a political organization with close to 880 members that supports life extension through science and technology, had been corresponding with Mr. Traywick since November 2015."
- U.S. Transhumanist Party Discussion Panel on Artificial Intelligence – January 8, 2017
- U.S. Transhumanist Party Discussion Panel on Life Extension - February 18, 2017
- U.S. Transhumanist Party Discussion Panel on Art and Transhumanism - November 18, 2017
- U.S. Transhumanist Party / Institute of Exponential Sciences Discussion Panel on Cryptocurrencies
- Second Enlightenment Salon - Gennady Stolyarov II, Bill Andrews, Bobby Ridge, and Scott Jurgens Discuss the Convergence of Technological Advances
- Third Enlightenment Salon - Gennady Stolyarov II, Bill Andrews, Bobby Ridge, and Mihoko Sekido Discuss Science-Based Advocacy of Transhumanism and Health Living
- Fourth Enlightenment Salon – Political Segment: Discussion on Artificial Intelligence in Politics, Voting Systems, and Democracy
- U.S. Transhumanist Party Chairman Gennady Stolyarov II Interviewed by Nikola Danaylov of Singularity.FM
- U.S. Transhumanist Party FAQ
- Stolyarov, Gennady. THE U.S. TRANSHUMANIST PARTY / TRANSHUMAN PARTY: THE LAST, BEST HOPE FOR TRANSHUMANIST POLITICS