World Transhumanist Society
The World Transhumanist Society was a splinter organisation of the World Transhumanist Association founded in 2006 following a falling out by Simon Young with James Hughes, the WTA leader at the time. Simon is probably best know for his 2005 book Designer Evolution: A Transhumanist Manifesto.
The one page site referenced disagreements on the extropy-chat mailing list over the matters of:
- Against sentient rights for animals
- Against neurological moral enhancement
- Against class-based social policy (likely technoprogressivism)
- Against global governance and the UN, likely leftist internationalism
- Against state investment in enhancement technology (likely a a technolibertarian position)
The whole affair was likely a precursor to the political differentiation for the 2014 onwards transhumanist politicisation controversy.