Aubrey de Grey's beer
Is it possible that his real cutting edge bioscience comes from his regular beer consumption? Is the SENS programme simply cover whilst he brings his own brand of beer to market? It's too early to say...
How much beer does Aubrey de Grey drink per day on average?
Only three or four pints. Also, let me be very clear that I do not recommend that people in general adopt the same lifestyle as me: everyone is different, and the same diet, exercise regimen etc may be great for one person but bad for another, The only general advice is to pay attention to your body. I weigh the same and have the same vitality at 51 that I had at 17, so my best strategy is to stick to what I know, but if and when that ever changes, so will I. - Aubrey de Grey
A penchant for beer, fried food and an aversion to exercise could fool you into believing the lanky ex-public schoolboy cares little about ageing. But you would be wrong.
empty beer bottles are clustered by the sink in which is stacked a heap of saucepans and utensils
Aubrey de Grey's life extension diet emphasizes the importance of beer.
He dresses like a shabby graduate student and affects Rip Van Winkle's beard; he has no children; he has few interests outside the science of biogerontology; he drinks too much beer.
How Beer, Oprah and Sergey Brin can help cure aging
if there is a fountain of youth in de Grey's world, it bubbles with beer
de Grey is rarely seen without [a beer], being firmly of the belief that his brain works best when fuelled by beer
Beer action shots
- Quora - How much beer does Aubrey de Grey drink per day on average?
- He's an old Harrovian multi-millionaire with a wife and two girlfriends - and he's the toast of California. Why? Because (despite, er, his looks) he says he's cracked the biological code that will let us... live to 1,000
- Aubrey de Grey: scientist who says humans can live for 1,000 years
- 10 facts about Aubrey de Grey
- Radical Life-Extension Is Not around the Corner
- Aubrey de Grey: He wants to live for ever — with no underpants