Avengers: Age of Ultron
Avenger: Age of Ultron is a Marvel movie starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johanson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Paul Bettany, James Spader, Idris Elba, Haley Atwell, Anthony Mackie, Cobie Smulders, and Elizabeth Olson Featuring transhumanist elements.
When Tony Stark and Eric Banner decide to create an AI capable of defending the earth, they don't bank on it becoming self-aware. Ultron, Stark's and Banner's creation, becomes hell bent on "saving the planet" and decides the best way to do that would be with a catastrophic level event, one that wipes humanity off the face of the earth.
As per usual with a Hollywood blockbuster, the AI has to go bad otherwise their wouldn't be a story to watch.
Transhumanist Plot Points
- Iron Man - Iron man himself could be said to be a transhuman,
- Captain America - A biologically enhanced super soldier, yep, he's transhuman.
- Scarlet Witch - Able to get into people's minds and use telekinesis.
- Quicksilver - Pretty much Marvel's Flash to a certain extent. Superhuman speed.
- Vision - Created by Ultron, the AI.
- Ultron - He's an AI gone bad, great Transhumanist plot device.
- Falcon - Uses advanced technology in order to fly.
- War Machine - He's like Iron Man.