A Chicago native, Charlie is a renowned singer/songwriter and entrepreneur as well as a member of the World Transhumanist Association, Immortalist Institute, World Future Society, Singularity Institute, and Alcor. He is best known for his musical parody of Ray Kurzweil’s Singularity, “I Am the Very Model of a Singularitarian” which has been a favorite among transhumanist and futurist community blogs. IEEE Explore magazine compared his song to Kurzweil’s definitive work, The Singularity is Near suggesting that you can just listen to his song if you don’t have time to read Kurzweil’s 600+ word tome.
On June 11, 2020, Charlie Kam became the U.S. Transhumanist Party's endorsed Presidential nominee as part of a major internal reorganization. On June 21, 2020, Charlie Kam provided remarks at a discussion panel hosted by the London Futurists on how transhumanist politics can advance liberty, education, and technological progress.
- Charlie Kam.com - Personal website
- Channel on YouTube
- U.S. Transhumanist Party Candidate Page
- Lifeboat Foundation - Bio on Lifeboat Foundation website
- California Transhumanist Party
- Charlie Kam – 2020 U.S. Presidential Candidate Endorsed by the U.S. Transhumanist Party.
- 11 June, 2020. United States Transhumanist Party Announces Major Internal Reorganization and Launch of the Charlie Kam 2020 U.S. Presidential Campaign.
- Politics for greater liberty: Transhumanist perspectives.