Clonaid (founded 1997, as Valiant Venture Ltd.) is a human cloning company registered in the Bahamas and based in Canada. Founded and directed by leaders of the Raëlian movement, its goals and practices are built on the group's beliefs.
In the news
2002 human clone claims
The birth of a cloned human child, 'Eve,' was announced by CEO Brigitte Boisselier on December 27, 2002. These claims remain unsubstantiated, and journalists and other professionals in the field widely condemned it as a hoax.
Shortly afterwards, the company continued by claiming another child, a clone of the deceased son of an unidentified prime minister, was born in January 2003.
Hwang Woo-Suk offer
Michael Jackson cloning interest
- Press Release GODSEND: THE MOVIE, CLONAID: THE REALITY, Clonaid (via Internet Archive)
- Clonaid's claims were a hoax, BioNews 229, 2003-10-13
- Clonaid to defrocked Korean clone researcher: we'll hire you! by Xeni Jardin, BoingBoing, 2006-01-17
- Press Release Clonaid supports Dr Hwang, Clonaid (via Internet Archive), 2006
- Michael Jackson 'obsessed with cloning himself', The Telegraph, 2009-07-07