A Cyborg is a human with biological features that are enhanced or replaced through technology.
Real life examples
The line between cyborgs and robots can be blurry:
T-850: You cannot self-terminate.
John Connor: No, you can't. I can do anything I want. I'm a human being, not some god-damn robot.
T-850: (correcting him) Cybernetic organism.John Connor: Whatever!
Cyborgs have been represented in a variety of forms, augmentations and ethical frameworks.
- Dr Who
- The Borg from Star Trek - Collectivist depersonalised drones
- Stalkers from The Mortal Engines - Fallen soldiers with their memories wiped, placed in a robot body to serve a controller
- Darth Vader from Star Wars - a physically and emotionally changed human
- RoboCop - a fallen police officer who first loses, then regains his humanity
- The Terminator - a sentient killing machine, later reprogrammed for greater empathy