With growing popularity stemming from 231,031 YouTube channel subscribers, a Patreon channel, Reddit AMA (Ask me Anything), and his own sub-Reddit, Arthur covers a wide range of futurist and science fiction ideas including cyborgs, androids and artificial intelligence, the Fermi paradox and interstellar warfare, Dyson spheres and megascale engineering, quantum teleportation and faster-than-light travel—typically exploring hypothetical scenarios extending to the distant future.
I've never noticed my smart phone trying to merge into my brain, even when I'm holding it next to my head
– Isaac on Hive Minds
A selection of contemporary transhumanist topics includes:
- Anthropic Principle and Super Intelligence
- Bioforming and Gene Tailoring
- Consciousness and Identity
- Digital Death
- Hive Minds
- Life Extension
- Mind Augmentation
- Machine Rebellion
- SENS Research Foundation Awareness
- Simulation Hypothesis - Simulation hypothesis
- Technological Singularity
- Uplifting Animals and Aliens
- Uplifting: Animals and Aliens Part II, with John Michael Godier
- Transhumanism and Immortality
- Futurist Isaac Arthur predicts robots will replace white collar, not blue collar, jobs first
- Subscribers: 231,031. Official YouTube Channel. Featured Science and Futurism with Isaac Arthur. Accessed 05 April 2818.
- Hive Minds: Science and Futurism with Isaac Arthur. YouTube. Retreived 04 April 2018.