Longevity Policy Plank (TNC)
This is a Transhuman National Committee document – not an encyclopaedia article. Please do not edit it without special permission.
(Draft) (item 2)
The TNC advocates for the treatment of aging as a disease and the positioning of longevity medicine as a key focus on of government in the United States. This include's advocacy for focusing on and enabling the development of therapies for all diseases, as well as therapies to stop or reverse biological aging and its consequences and, ultimately, the elimination of involuntary death whenever it is possible and if the person wishes such. Our most advanced sciences and technologies allow us to foresee the possibility of extreme longevity for human beings, as well as the rational and ethical elimination of many of our other related health problems. We advocate the prompt, judicious use of these new technologies in order to eliminate as soon as possible the cause of 2 of every 3 deaths in the world (100,000 deaths per day) from aging.
Key elements can include:
- Improving the regulatory environment for research and longevity medicine,
- Increased research funding in the form of grants for longevity medicine,
- Removing legal restrictions as much as possible including the Repeal or Remove all State and Federal restrictions to the funding and use of stem cell research,
- Legalize germline genetic modification of humans as well as removal of restrictions on voluntary human trials,
- Repeal or Amend the Controlled Substances Act to allow increased research opportunities on all currently controlled substances,
and the widening of research related incentives around longevity medicine.
Propaganda and Media Resources: