H+Pedia is a Humanity+ project to spread accurate, accessible, non-sensational information about transhumanism and futurism among the general public.
H+Pedia is also an opportunity for transhumanist and futurist enthusiasts to work together, thereby strengthening the transhumanist community.
H+Pedia welcomes constructive contributions from everyone interested in the future of humanity.
Welcome to H+Pedia lists some useful instructional videos about creating and editing material on H+Pedia.
H+Pedia news contains news about H+Pedia, the latest software upgrade, and Hangout On Air discussions about H+Pedia.
We currently have 998 pages of all types, of which 465 are articles, and have 61 files uploaded. 7,433 edits have been made from 6 active users.
Topics covered by H+Pedia
- Transhumanism - what transhumanism is (and isn't)
- Futurism - the general field of foresight studies, of which transhumanism can be seen as a specialisation
- Emerging technologies - the technologies with a potentially accelerating trajectory that are of particular interest to transhumanists
- The Singularity - an envisaged future time period of exceptionally rapid transformation, that frequently arises in discussions about transhumanism
- Existential risks - potential developments that could drastically (or even totally) reduce the capabilities of humankind, contrary to the transhumanist initiative
- Community - notable organizations and groupings within the broad overall transhumanist community
- Humanity+ - the global transhumanist organization which was founded in 1998 as the World Transhumanist Association
- Philosophy - areas of philosophy where transhumanists tend to have distinctive views
- Art - poetry, novels, films, music, paintings, sculpture, fashion, and multimedia, viewed through the transhumanist lens
- Politics - political initiatives that have significant support within at least parts of the transhumanist community
- Transhumanist political organisations - including the Transhumanist Party
- Projects - information on projects where volunteers from the transhumanist community can contribute their time, skills, and resources
Recently added pages:
H+Pedia project planning
The plan to develop H+Pedia is detailed here: H+Pedia plan.
This plan includes suggestions for how members of the extended transhumanist community can become involved.
H+Pedia is sponsored by the following organisations:
Differences between H+Pedia and Wikipedia
H+Pedia aims to follow the general principles of Wikipedia.
At the same time, the H+Pedia editorial team seek to demonstrate greater awareness and appreciation of transhumanism and radical futurism. This will be reflected by the inclusion in H+Pedia of material which might not pass the Wikipedia tests for notability, as currently applied by Wikipedia editors.
The guiding principles of H+Pedia are described in more detail in H+Pedia principles.