Posthuman transhumanism refers to a subset of transhumanism which explicitly goes beyond the limits advocated by biological immortalists, transcending traditional definitions of humanity into to posthumanism.
It is one of the most 'advanced' transhumanist ideas dealing with the furthest future technologies. Typically mind uploading or similar forms of consciousness transfer will be involved to reach this state.
- As artificial intelligence without ties to biological form or even human-like thought
- Avatars - existing in different bodies or transhuman forms such as a cyborgs
- Infomorphs - living as a transient energy being of some kind
- Matrioshka or Jupiter brain - existing as a massive ultra dense engine of computation, or even further up the Kardashev scale
- Omega Point or Singleton - existing as a God-like omnipotent force permeating the universe
- As Simulations - existing within one or more simulations
- A hive mind may function collectively as a posthuman form of existence, though individual members are typically transhuman
Examples in fiction
- The Vorlons from Bablyon 5 are energy based infomorphs that interact with the younger races via cyborg body avatars
- The Star Child from 2001: A Space Odyssey is some kind of transhuman or infomorph
- The First Sirian Bank in The Dark Side of the Sun is a computronium matrioshka brain
- The Sentient Intelligence 'SI' in the commonwealth saga is a friendly superintelligence
- Star Trek
- Wikipedia:Omega Point