Transhumanist Party (UK)
The Transhumanist Party of the United Kingdom is a registered political party.
The party was founded by individuals including Amon Twyman who is well connected in transhumanist communities and is now party leader. Dirk Bruere of Zero State had previously contested a UK election as The Consensus, a prospective party name that was considered prior to Zoltan Istvan's media successes with the Transhumanist Party (US political organization). Deku-shrub sought to apply lessons from the Pirate Party with whom he is still informally involved as liason. David Wood, also a co founder, founded the UK based Transpolitica think tank to seek to develop non-partisan transhumanist policy at the same time of the party's founding.
The party held its first AGM in October 2015 where its first batch of policies were ratified.
The logo of the party was adopted following a vote among members.
On October 12th Transhumanist Party UK released a statement that "Zoltan Istvan does not speak for the Transhumanist Party" in response to his failure to engage with the wider community and transhumanist party movement.
The following statement was agreed by a vote at the party's 2015 AGM:
The Transhumanist Party’s ideological position is known as Social Futurism, which represents the integration of social and technological concerns. We adopt this position as a reminder that our central mission as a Transhumanist political party is to harness technological potential for the benefit of society.
- http://transhumanistparty.wordpress.com - Blog
- TPG wiki
- FB Group
- Petition to include nootropic drugs in the whitelist of the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016
- TranshumanistUK on Twitter
- Transhumanists Are Writing Their Own Manifesto for the UK General Election
- Cyborg supporting Transhumanist Party appoints first political candidate in UK
- Why transhumanists should aim to inform decision-makers, not become them
- Zoltan Istvan does not speak for the Transhumanist Party
- Official Policies of the Transhumanist Party (2015)