Transhumanist Party (US)
The name Transhumanist Party was adopted by many other international organisations. It was supported by the PAC Transhumanist National Committee LLC and some US state parties. Leadership of the party transfered to Gennady Stolyarov in November 2016.
The party hosts an active online email discussion at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/us-transhumanist-party. All of its members are welcome to take part.
October 2014 - November 2016
During this period Zoltan began an aggressive period of marketing for the organisation, including the Immortality Bus tour and a Transhumanist Bill of Rights. Such activity was often a solo endevour, with supporters around the US joining him for a variety of events and functions.
On September 19th, 2015, Hank Pellissier quit his position as secretary of the party, saying that it lacked transparency and democratic process. On October 12th Transhumanist Party UK released a statement that "Zoltan Istvan does not speak for the Transhumanist Party" in response to his failure to engage with the wider community and transhumanist party movement.
This reflected a disconnection between the existing politically engaged transhumanist community and Zoltan's activities and statements, leading to the formation of the Transhuman National Committee.
- Zoltan Istvan - Chairman & Treasurer,
- L. M. Memmel, M.D. - Secretary,
- Chris T. Armstrong - Director of Volunteers
- Gabriel Rothblatt - Political Advisor,
- Riva-Melissa Tez - Strategic Advisor,
- Aubrey de Grey, PhD - Anti-aging Advisor,
- Gray Scott - Futurist Advisor,
- James Clement, J.D., LL.M. - Strategic Advisor,
- Jose Cordeiro, PhD - Technology Advisor,
- Giovanni Santostasi, PhD - Neuroscience Advisor,
- Joe N. Carey, M.D. - Medical Advisor,
- Rich Lee - Biohacker Advisor,
- Maria Konovalenko and PhD Cand. - Longevity Advisor,
- Rachel Lyn Edler - Media Advisor,
- Newton Lee - Campaign Advisor
November 2016 onwards
Following the end of the 2016 presidential election, Zoltan's 2016 presidential campaign was completed, the party leadership has been transferred to Gennady Stolyarov and the organisation restructured in various ways.
Restructured advisor positions include: Zoltan Istvan as Political and Media Advisor, Bill Andrews as Biotechnology Advisor, Jose Cordeiro as technology advisor, and Newton Lee as education and media advisor.
From September 2017 the Party has appointed a number of international ambassadors, for countries including Brazil, Bulgaria, England, India, Nigeria, and Scotland.
- transhumanistparty.org (old site)
- transhumanist-party.org (new site)
- Google Groups discussion
- /r/TranshumanistParty on Reddit
- Facebook group
- TranshumanParty on Twitter (old)
- USTranshumanist on Twitter (new)
- Transhumanism Political Party Reaches First Birthday
- I Quit the USA Transhumanist Party. Why? Zoltan’s Non-Inclusive Leadership
- Zoltan Istvan does not speak for the Transhumanist Party
- Forthcoming Transitional Period of the Transhumanist Party