Transhumanist rights initiative
This page describes a transhumanist political initiative that is supported by Transpolitica.
The initiative is summarised as A progressive transhumanist rights agenda.
Description of initiative
A factor that will underpin successful outcomes of the Transpolitica regenerative initiatives is the protection of what can be called “transhumanist rights”. This phrase indicates that:
- The set of rights championed goes further than the set that normally viewed as comprising human rights
- The recipients of these rights form a wider group of sentient organisms than just the human species.
The first significant transhumanist right that Transpolitica seeks to defend is the concept of morphological freedom:
- The rights of all people, including sexual and gender minorities, to bodily self-determination
- Free access to modern reproductive technologies, including genetic screening to improve the quality of life, for all prospective parents
- Making it easier for people, if they so choose, to enter a state of cryonic suspension as their bodies come close to clinical death
Transpolitica also wishes to:
- Explore the gradual applicability of selected human rights to sentient beings, such as primates, that demonstrate relevant mental life, and also advanced AIs (when they exist in the future) that need such rights to function in their respective purpose
- Hasten the adoption of synthetic (in-vitro) meat, and the abolition of cruelty to farm animals.
Finally in this section, Transpolitica envisions support for a radical future for consciousness. This will facilitate enhanced mental cooperation as minds become more interconnected via brain-to-computer interfaces and other foreseeable brain/mind technologies.