Where's my flying car?
Where's my flying car? is a popular phrase to express technoscepticism about the over-promise and under-delivery of prospective future technologies. Some of the main influences have been Back to the Future, The Jetsons, and 60's techno-optimism.
xkcd enjoys decontructing this trope:
- "We wanted flying cars, instead we got 140 characters" - statement from Peter Thiel's Founders Fund
- Where's My Flying Car? Science's Promises Broken
- Where’s My Flying Car? The Tech of Back to the Future 2
- IBM Flying Cars Commercial from the year 2000
- I Want My Jet Pack on TV Tropes
- Of Flying Cars and the Declining Rate of Profit